Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Simian the Whale

Last night on my way home I heard a Red Hot Chili Peppers song I've heard a million times, and I have absolutely no idea what the lyrics in the chorus are actually saying.  Here are my various interpretations:

a) Whipped up the shade, it's a lonely view?
b) Without the shed it's so lonely of you?
c) With love they'll share, it's so lonely of you?

None of those really make sense, so I'm pretty sure all of the above are wrong.  Don't correct me!  I'm okay with living with ambiguity.  Whenever I hear a song wrong, and then someone corrects me, I'm never able to hear the mistake again because my brain overpowers my ears.  It's a fun game to distract me on my ridiculously long drive home to try to guess the lyrics.  And for some reason the radio station I listen to has a serious crush on the Chili Peppers, so I hear it kind of a lot.

In my high school-ish years I was convinced that a song by Rusted Root was about "Simian the whale."  Turns out they were singing "send me on my way."  My version is so much cooler.

Some funny ones that actually aren't mine:

1.  Alannis Morissette: "You oughta know." 
- It's not fair to deny me, of the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me.

2.  The Clash: "Rock The Casbah"
- Sheri don't like it.  Rockin' the catbox!

3.  Elton John, "Tiny Dancer"
- Hold me closer, Tony Danza.

4.  And, for those of you who have bladder control problems in your old age, Creedence Clearwater Revival: "Bad Moon Rising"
- There's a bathroom on the right.

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog ;) How 'bout the Beatles Michelle - "Someday Monkeys will play piano songs - play piano songs"

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! Yep, that's a good one :) And hello from way over here in the Western Hemisphere!

    ReplyDelete