Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Going to the gym

So, last night we were going to go to the gym after work.  I know, right?  Go ahead and laugh yourself silly.  By the time we got home and made dinner, it was ten minutes until Nate's bedtime, so we couldn't make it happen.  I'm not really too disappointed, because it would have ended our streak of approximately 967 days of not going to the gym.

We're trying again tonight.  The stars are aligned in our favor.  Clothes are packed!  Water bottles bought!  No work or school tomorrow because of the holiday!  Membership cards . . . well, still lost.  That alone is enough to make me throw up my hands in defeat most of the time and sit on the couch eating cookies.  Before we got married, I had a single membership in my maiden name.  After we got married, Mike registered a family membership and mine merged with it and something awful happened to my name.  They have it in their records as hyphenated, and their system is so antiquated that they have to type it in exactly as it's saved (including the hyphen), or there's no chance of ever finding it.  It's the most frustrating process ever. 

Me:  My last name is Bickis, but you have it in the system as Anderson-Bickis.
Her:  Sorry, that account is inactive.
Me:  No, that's my maiden name.  Look under Anderson-Bickis.
Her:  Vickis?
Me:  No, B, as in boy.
Her:  Sorry, no Anderson Bickis.
Me:  No, Anderson-hyphen-Bickis.  You have to actually type in the hyphen.  No, I don't know why.  Yes, I've tried to change it.

All of this, of course, takes place with 40 angry people behind me in line who just want to go fling sweat on people.  But today, I'll brave that.  Who knows - maybe it'll go smoothly? 

No comments:

Post a Comment