The following weekend (3/9-3/10), he has a tournament up in Cleveland. The schedule is as follows:
Cleveland Indoor Classic 2013
Saturday, March 9, 2013
3:10 p.m. - CSU 3 - vs. Cleveland Select
6:40 p.m. - CSU 3 - vs AC Premier
8:25 p.m. - CSU 2 - vs. Internationals
No games on Sunday.
If anyone is interested in attending, it's located at Krenzler Field on the CSU campus in downtown Cleveland.
1. The field doesn't really seem to have an actual address, but it's located at the corner of Chester Ave. and E 19th St., Cleveland, OH, 44146, for navigational purposes.
2. It's in the ghetto. Last year a ton of people got their cars broken into, and we were warned repeatedly about calling security to walk to and from your vehicle, and where the campus police jurisdiction started and ended. [Nice, huh? Is there really not a single safe soccer facility anywhere in Northeast Ohio that we could've held this thing, CASA?] There's a parking deck catty-corner from the field where we parked last year. I think it was under $10 for the whole day, and we didn't have any problems. Most of the people whose windows were smashed out had been parked on the street.
3. It's a plastic inflatable dome erected over a live field. I think they do it each winter. It's dry inside, and not super windy (as long as you stay away from the fans inflating the thing), but it's COLD! Last year all the boys wore long pants and hats while they played. We layered with regular clothes, sweatshirts, and then winter coats, and were comfortable most of the time. During long down periods of sitting, sometimes I used a lap blanket.
4. Bring a bag chair. There are no bleachers. As I explained above, it's an inflatable dome erected over top of an ordinary field. They divide it up into four or six smaller fields for the tournament, and there are only about three feet of buffer on each side for spectators to cram in. You can stand, but last year we were there from 6:45 am to 3pm, and the ground is definitely too cold to sit on.
5. Bring snacks. They actually had a pretty nice concession setup with drinks and snacks. I can't remember if they had any hot food, but I think not. But again, it's a long day, and you can only have so many bags of chips. During a break we went around the corner to a Subway for lunch, but given that all of our games are going to be near/after dark, and the aforementioned neighborhood problems, I don't think that's going to happen this time.